Becoming a member of WAAHP will help you become a better pre-health advisor:
· Network and collaborate with other pre-health advisors
· Develop pre-health advising skills
· Stay up-to-date with rapidly-changing health fields
· Connect to health professions schools and associations
o Meet Admissions Deans
o Learn about upcoming changes
o Receive announcements from the health associations
· Receive complementary publications
o Medical Schools Admission Requirements (MSAR)
o ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools
o Osteopathic Medical College Information Book
o And more!
· Opportunities for professional development
o Publishing in journals
o Presenting at conferences
o Leadership in WAAHP and NAAHP
· Access to the “Advisors Only” sections of the WAAHP and NAAHP website
o Searchable Membership Directory
o Contact information for Admissions Deans
o Resources for over 20 different health professions
o Searchable articles about health fields and pre-health advising
o Resources for special populations (under-represented populations, international students, etc.)
o Receive free and reduced advising resources and NAAHP publications:
o New Advisors Handbook
o Health Professions Admissions Guide
o Pre-Medical Advisors Reference Manual
o Interviewing Skills
· Reduced registration rates for regional and national conferences
We have 3
different types of membership:
> Individual Advisor – a pre-health advisor at an accredited institution in the western region.
o Advisor (primary)
o Associate Advisor
> Institutional Advisor – an accredited institution that designates a representative.
> Emeritus – a retired pre-health advisor who has been a member of WAAHP for at least 10 years.
All WAAHP memberships are
handled through NAAHP,
and membership fees are posted on their website.
To join WAAHP, click here!